Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Receiverships
Our firm’s bankruptcy practitioners regularly appear in bankruptcy courts on behalf of commercial Chapter 11 debtors, Chapter 7 Trustees, creditors and other litigants, and also represent businesses in non-bankruptcy workouts and liquidations. Our services include:
- Chapter 11 Debtor Representation. Our bankruptcy attorneys have established a reputation for creative and economical representation of commercial bankruptcy debtors in reorganization and liquidation cases.
- Chapter 7 Trustee Representation. Our attorneys represent a number of Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees in litigation matters in bankruptcy court, federal district court, state court and private arbitration.
- Creditor Representation. Our attorneys represent creditors in bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy proceedings to enforce creditors’ rights to payment of commercial debts.
- Bankruptcy Court Litigation. A wide array of business disputes are litigated and resolved in the bankruptcy courts, and our attorneys are regularly called upon to represent clients in bankruptcy litigation.
- Court Appointer Receiver Representation. In many instances distressed properties or businesses are involved in non-bankruptcy litigation or post-bankruptcy litigation. Often a creditor obtains the appointment of a receiver to hold and manage property pending a foreclosure or other remedy. Our attorneys have experience representing receivers and assisting them both in and out of court with the unique challenges that they typically face and have done so in over 200 cases.
- Non-Bankruptcy Workout and Liquidation. Recognizing that insolvency challenges are not always resolved in the bankruptcy courts, our attorneys are experienced in representing and advising creditors and debtors in out of court workouts and out of court liquidations.
Our broad experience in bankruptcy and insolvency matters permits us to achieve effective solutions to even the most complex financial problems and the most complex bankruptcy litigation proceedings.
Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Receiverships : Professionals in Practice