Business Entities & Transactions
Our business attorneys have been advising and representing businesses and entrepreneurs in California for over 85 years and have been integral to the growth and development of the Central Valley Region’s business community. Drawing upon the experience of representing multiple generations of California businesses, our attorneys advise and aid our clients in developing and implementing strategic plans to achieve their goals. Our personalized client counseling and assistance includes:
- Formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies for new and existing businesses, professionals, families and non-profit organizations.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating agreements among business owners, including shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, partnership agreements and operating agreements.
- Business reorganizations.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Business sales, buy-ins and buy-outs.
- Contracts and agreements used in businesses operations, including purchases, sales, leases, employment agreements, loans, and financing.
- Bankruptcy, work-outs and creditor claims.
- Formation, qualification and ongoing counsel for compliance of non-profit tax exempt organizations.
- Business succession planning and exit strategies.
- Asset protection planning.
- Strategic planning and analysis of the practical, operational, administrative and tax considerations of business formations, reorganizations, mergers, sales and dissolutions.
In addition to transactional planning and counseling, our attorneys also have significant experience assisting our clients when disputes arise and vigorously represent our clients in all manner of business litigation and dispute resolution including:
- Contract and tort claims
- Employment-related claims and controversies
- Shareholder lawsuits
- Arbitration and mediation
- Tax controversies and audits with state and federal agencies
Business Entities & Transactions : Professionals in Practice