Daniel L. Egan offers extensive experience in seed industry transactions. Dan regularly represents businesses in sales, acquisition and merger transactions. Dan’s background in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, insolvency and corporate law enable him to represent clients in traditional sales and acquisitions as well as in transactions occurring in more complicated contexts. Dan is a former managing partner of Wilke Fleury and remains active in management. He is also active in the local bar association and is former chair of the Agribusiness Committee of the California State Bar. Dan’s experience spans over 27 years.
Robert R. Mirkin is an Of Counsel at Wilke Fleury and a Martindale Hubble AV Preeminent Attorney as the result of rankings by his peers. His receivership experience spans over 30 years and he has represented receivers and/or plaintiffs seeking receivers in over 250 separate pieces of litigation. Those receiverships have involved tech companies, agricultural enterprises, commercial property and other types of businesses. Robert is a member of the California Receiver's Forum and the Sacramento-based chapter. His merger and acquisitions practice specializes in agricultural and health care transactions representing both buyers and sellers. He is also a member of the California Seed Association.
Wilke Fleury has extensive experience representing seed companies and M&A transactions, including the following:
Mid-Market Seed Industry Transactions
- Represented a multi-national seed company (Sakata Seed America) in acquiring the stock of Qualiveg Seed Production, Inc., a developer of hybrid watermelon seed
- Represented the California Planting Cotton Seed Distributors in sale of its assets to a multi-national seed company. Assets sold to Bayer CropScience.
- Represented a multi-national seed company (Sakata Seed Corporation) in acquiring the cabbage and red kale breeding program of Donald P. Reed, dba Reed’s Seeds.
- Represented Central Valley Seeds, Inc. in the potential sale to a multinational seed company (Syngenta). Substantial negotiations were completed but the transaction did not close for strategic reasons.
- Represented Shamrock Seed Company in a proposed sale to Monsanto. Substantial negotiations took place but the transaction was not finally consummated. Preparation of company for sale resulted in a subsequent sale to a different multi-national seed company.
- Represented Shamrock Seed Company in the sale of its stock to a multi-national seed company (Vilmorin, Inc).
- Represented Sunfield Seeds, Inc. in the sale of its stock to a multi-national seed company (Syngenta Seeds, Inc.).
Other Representative M&A Transactions
- Represented E-Filliate, Inc./VWR Education, LLC. , a mobile technology program company, in the sale of its business assets and inventory to VWR Education, LLC.
- Represented DSA Technologies/Steelhead Data, LLC., a technology service and solution company, in the acquisition of certain business assets of Steehead Data, LLC.
- Represented CalSierra Construction, an engineering and pipeline company, in the sale of its aggregate mining and processing business assets to SGA Materials, Inc.
- Represented Magnus Pacific Corporation, a geotechnical engineering company, in the sale of its stock to Great Lakes Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions LLC., a subsidiary of Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Corporation.
- Represented EMCO High Voltage Corporation, a high voltage power supply design and manufacturing company, through its court-appointed receiver in the sale of its assets to XP Power LLC.
For nearly 95 years, Wilke Fleury has served businesses, governmental entities and individuals by providing comprehensive legal services while maintaining the highest standards of integrity and client service.
The firm’s lawyers represent decades of experience and expertise in litigation; government relations and political law; construction; employment; bankruptcy; business transactions, including sales and mergers; real estate; tax; estate planning and professional liability defense. The firm has also gained a national reputation in the health care arena.
Seed Practice : Professionals in Practice